Sunday, November 28, 2004

Fishies

Well, I did some cleaning of my fish tanks today. I noticed yesterday that two of my rainbowfish had been attacked in one of my 55 gallon tanks. So I went down to get my net and remove them to safety. I came back up to remove them and low and behold, I am one less fish. So I remove what is left of Boesemani Rainbowfish and flush it. I retrieve the Australian Rainbowfish and move it to one of my ten gallon tanks. I also medicated the tank. But alas, she didn't make it either.

So I am two fish down. But I think I know who the culprit is. Or culprits. I believe it is the 3 blue botia's that I have. They took down ten of my wife's neon tetras and I moved them over to my tank. I believe they took out my corydoras catfish and my bristlenose pleco. So next week, they are going back to the store, for it was the final straw. I am now down to 2 Rainbowfish, one Australian male and a Boesemani.

I am probably going to redo that tank to support African cichlids and move some of the ones from my basement up. The survivors from the 55 will get moved to my bedroom 55 with my Angel fish. Eventually the basement African cichlid tank will become a South American cichlid tank. I toyed with the idea of making it salt water, but I think that it may be too much work. I have heard many people like the SA cichlids so I will try them, plus the tank is big enough for them at 110 gallon. But let the slow process begin with a quick. Out, out botia's.

No comments: