Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Cleaning break

I wouldn't say it is time to do fall cleaning. I just clean when it needs it. Or more, I can't deal with the mess anymore. And I reached that point. Of course, I am pretty exhausted now. I have only partial cleaned two rooms. That sucks. On the bright side, I have only thrown out two bags of trash and I think that they may be the VAST majority of the trash.

Somehow, my wife needs to figure out what to do with her books. Her bookshelf is completely full, with a bag of books besides and box of books too, and I thought that I read a lot. Of course the cookbooks are on her side, so I may move those over to my side.

Right now, just sitting back on the couch, listening to some old Tom Waits. There is really something to be said for Tom Waits as an artist. What I really like about his music is the vivid images he paints with his lyrics and the absurd that makes sense at another point of view. The current song is Late Night Evening Prostitute.

I think that I own about 5 Tom Waits cds. I ended up getting my brother hooked and he has a different set of Tom Waits albums than I do. Speaking of my brother, I really need to find him something for Christmas. Just about everyone else is taken care of. Christmas is a fun time of year, but unfortunately a lot of people don't have the time to be courteous. And once you have one foul mood, it transfer so quickly. I kinda wish that a smile moved as quickly and easily.

I typically hide from stores during the Christmas time period. I much prefer the busiest server to the busiest store. It might be partly cause I am a computer nut. I figured that I would spend Friday doing my linux install in my old computer. Of course I need to format all the drives. The bad part is now I am going to have to figure out how to boot off of scsi and from ide so that I can add linux to it than to make boot disks. I hate boot disks. I was thinking that may be my test bed for some of my installation ideas like stuff for my friend Matches house. He is doing a fully automated house. Just taking time and he needs some form of centralization....

No comments: