Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Review: XBox Datel Team Talk

Alright. I wanted to just come out and say it sucks. I really do. But it doesn't totally suck. It just didn't meet my expectations.

First off, what is it? It is a headphone splitter for the xbox controller. Basically there is a device that you plug into the second slot of the xbox controller with your normal headphone device in the first slot. You then use the jumper cable to run from the splitter to the headphone slot. Once you connect that, there are 4 headphone slots on the splitter.

Does it work? Yes. You can talk along with 3 other buddies over xbox live. Evidently the voice came through a little more stuttered and quiet.

Ok. What didn't you like about it? Ok, the real crux. I first off did not expect it to split the signals to the appropriate controller. I knew it would not do that. The truly annoying part was that I expected to hear the chatter through the headphones as normal, but that was not the case. I could talk and so could my friend, but neither of us could hear, until I changed my settings to pipe the chatter through my TV speakers.

Cost: $19.99
Rating: 2 out of 5 stars

No comments: