Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Review: Blade Trinity

Well, me and my wife went to see Blade Trinity this weekend. To set up, I really did not have any expectations going into the movie or had I really seen anything than the crappy set of trailers that they had sent around that had spent more time staring Ms. Biel, than to try to pump you up about an action flick.

Let's move on. Based on my last statement, that is what I would classify this movie as. There is plenty of action in the movie and the bad guy is not that bad. Call it in D&D terms as the bad guy is lawful evil. But again, we see more of Ms. Biel's midriff than we do of Blade's sword, so in terms of the trailers, you are getting what you expected. The foreshadowing is extremely painful. You would expect it to be shadow, to predict the future. Nope. We are looking at the louieville slugger of foreshadowing. Bam! This is what we are going to do.

Now after I have given this movie a lot of grief. I still enjoyed it at what it was, a fun popcorn flick. None of the things above detracted from the movie, it just didn't feel to be in the same vein as the first two. So, go see it, but don't pay full price on it. And try to be drunk before you go.

RATING:
GOOD: 2 out of 5
FUN: 4 out of 5

No comments: