Saturday, April 01, 2006

Not a book review

I finished a book that I could talk about, but I am going to postpone that for later. They require more time to thing them out that I feel like applying right now. So more on the stinky tank. I ended it off where I drained half the tank, stopped the filter, removed the pseudo-plants, and stopped the heater and the stink went down drastically. I have yet to do anything else to the tank lately. What I have determined is that I really need to clean out the filter and remove all the material from it to get rid of the smell. At least that is what I hope will happen.

Today we are going to swing out to the The Fish Store in Seattle to look at their stock, but more specifically pick up the filter supplies that I need. I hope they carry the brand I need, or else, this will likely set my tank setup behind.

Michelle is doing well. We are now down to two names, but not really sure if either will stick once the baby is born. I have heard stories of moms deciding once the baby is born that they are a "fill in the blank" and don't even use the names that they came up with during the pregnancy.
  • Annika Lynn
  • Miranda Lynn


So all in all, things are well. I should be working this weekend. I have somethings I need to explore for work and feel like I should get cranking on them.

Currently reading:
The Baby Book: Everything You Need to Know About Your Baby from Birth to Age Two (Revised and Updated Edition)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

andy sez:

Clearly you need to do an internet search to choose. Let me help:

* Annika Lynn Dykstra = ALD
google search of ALD yields:
Adrenoleukodystrophy: a genetic disorder affecting nerve cells... ew
http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/adrenoleukodystrophy/adrenoleukodystrophy.htm

* Miranda Lynn Dykstra = MLD
google search of MLD yields:
Metachromatic Leukodystrophy: a genetic disease... damn!
http://www.leukodystrophy.com/MLD101.html#MLD101-overview

You know what? Screw the web. Choose the one your wife likes (that's the one you'll get anyway).

Anonymous said...

andy sez:

My links didn't work too well...

J. Heuer said...

Try Gina Ford, especially The New Contented Little Baby Book