Thursday, January 13, 2005

Another lovely day in Michigan

Ok. Like all good things, our brief dance with good weather has ended. Although to me it just means a nasty 3 mile drive to work...

Well more on that Weather SOAP thing. I was able to connect to it using Java versus .Net. So that leads me to believe there is some incompatibility with the date objects. Cause everthing else seems pretty darn straight forward. So now that I am able to connect to the SOAP service, I need ot unbind the NOAA DWML. Don't ask. I don't even know what it all stands for. However, this does not get me to where I wanted which was a client on my pc to give me the weather without the stupid ads and sit in the systray.

Oh well. I suppose this evening I can work on the media player 10 plugin that will post to a url, whatever is currently playing, along with some of the vital statistics like time remaining, etc. But I really don't feel like coding tonight. But I should. For the children.

2 comments:

ish said...

There are Tsunami survivors in Sri Lanka that wish they could code, but their computers were washed away, so they have to write Java in the sand with a stick.
Lazy American.

Unknown said...

Hey. I wasn't lazy. I did write code. But not enough I am afraid. I was unable to actually get anything working. Seems as though Microsoft has not created a good SDK for accessing a single media player. I think I am going to have to use c++ and get handles to running applications and attempt to get to the data I need from there. The plugin, I have not been able to find a way to access the metadata from a file so that I can do a lookup. Sigh.

If only Bill had invented his water calculator, think of the processing power he would have had.