Friday, January 19, 2007

Online predators

Today I saw the best quote when it comes to protecting your kids from online predators:

On the other hand, whatever happened to responsible parenting? Whatever happened to watching over your own children, and teaching them about these sorts of things? Parents too busy? There was a time when parents told their kids not ever to get into a stranger’s car, even if he offered you some shiny lollipops. Why is it so hard to tell your kids never to trust an online stranger?


This was done by David Ponce on the article MySpace Sued By Angry Parents

Way to go David.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

andy sez:

I was never offered any shiny lollipops as a kid. Was I that unattractive? What's wrong with me? No priests, perverts, or online predators even tried to assult me. One has to feel rejected at some level.

Amanda said...

I'll bring you a shiny lollipop Andy.

I'll meet up with you anytime. Perhaps you should bring Corrie to protect you.

I'll bring her a lollipop too.

Anonymous said...

andy sez:

Now that does sound exciting.