- Why do I have to save? Shouldn't this be automatic?
- Why do I have confirm that I want to save? I pushed the hardest to push damn button on the controller, I really want to save.
- How can I quickly get my depth chart from the recruiting menu?
- Why, oh why, is it so slow to navigate the menus (see more in my later section)
- Why is it so slow to switch guys before the snap?
So last night, I tried the online experience. First off, the lag is completely unbearable. If you haven't played the single player game a lot you are at a disadvantage. You have to retain your originally timing because of the lag in what is shown on screen. Punting and kicking is damn near impossible. Pass timing as well is extremely difficult. The voice chat is garbled. I get disconnected from games frequently. Just a horrible experience. Not to mention in play selection for defense, I tend to like to gear my defense to the offensive personnel. This is impossible, because by the time I see the personnel, I have 12 seconds to find my play. Normally not a problem. But online, the menus are so slow, I rarely can get to page 3 of a play listing. For those keeping track that is 5 button pushes in 12 seconds is near impossible. So EA, get your crap together before you ship out a game, or don't even bother to add online capabilities.