Friday, August 31, 2007

Detroit Lions Preseason Recap

Alright, I feel behind in my analysis of the game facts for the Lions. This all is of course leading to my predictions on the year for my beloved team.

Cleveland vs Detroit

Pros
  • 101 rushing yards
  • 0 sacks
  • 2 INTs
  • 2 Sacks

Cons
  • Still can't get it in the end zone.

Indianapolis vs Detroit

Pros
  • 3 sacks
  • Gave up 1 sack

Cons
  • 32 yards on the ground
  • 2 Fumbles
  • 2 INTs

Buffalo vs Detroit

Pros
  • Hanson hit a 51 yarder

Cons
  • 73 Rushing yards
  • Gave up 2 sacks
  • Got 0 sacks
  • 27% 3rd down
  • 30% 3rd down


Overall it just looks like it is going to be a rough year (like every year) to be a Lions fan. The team can't find the end zone, can't convert on 3rd down, and can't stop a balanced offensive attack. There are flashes of brilliance, but Kitna prediction of double digit wins in laughable.

However, these are not the starters, but at the same point, they are likely to be the starters due to injury issues. I don't know. It is hard to constantly bad mouth a team you hope, so desperately, will get close to .500 in a given year. I just don't see this as the year.

No comments: