Sunday, August 12, 2007

CSS and Divs...

Well I started playing around with my blog design again... and about all I ended up changing was the colors. I really tried to change all my tables into Div block elements, but I just have a natural tendency to rely on tables. I have spent 2 hours today playing with using Divs but am tired of trying to figure out why there is a space between my title div and my entry div.

--------------------
| Title |
--------------------
REMOVE ME!!!
--------------------
| blah blah blah |
| blah blah blah |
| blah blah blah |
--------------------

This color scheme was based on two things. One, I did not want to recreate all my images for the header and footer bars. Two, I used Colorjack Sphere to help pick out my colors. Color deficiencies are not just for the people using the site, but for the designer too. I couldn't be sure that the colors I picked would look good (without constant badgering my wife). Using this I was able to pick a starting color (my images) and then get up to 5 other colors that could work with it in a pleasing manner.

1 comment:

Jefe Le Gran said...

Dude! I love that colorjack thingy. Highly useful for us non-artistic types.