Sunday, September 08, 2013

2013 Detroit Lions

Time for my yearly prediction and yearly bet with the Lions and the NFL.  Let's start with my record prediction.  It is tough to predict as when I watched the Lions in pre-season their first team offense was terrible.  If I were to use that as my gut prediction, then I could potentially foresee another 0-16 year... but I think they will hit a stride, I just don't know when that will be.

Week 1: vs Minnesota Loss
Week 2: @ Arizona Win
Week 3: @ Washington Loss
Week 4: vs Chicago Win
Week 5: @ Green Bay Loss
Week 6: @ Cleveland Loss
Week 7: vs Cincinnati Win
Week 8: vs Dallas Win
Week 9: Bye
Week 10: @ Chicago Loss
Week 11: @ Pittsburgh Loss
Week 12: vs Tampa Bay Win
Week 13: vs Green Bay Loss
Week 14: @ Philadelphia Loss
Week 15: vs Baltimore Loss
Week 16: vs NY Giants Loss
Week 17: @ Minnesota Loss

Prediction is: 5-11.  Ug.  Makes me a bit sick in a way and while they always find a way to hang close, it really ends up being a shoot out in the end.  Even in the 0-16 season, most games were won by a touchdown or less.  They just manage to come close to winning without actually doing so.  But wins are all that really count, not close losses.

My bargain/bet... I will buy some Lions accessories as chosen by a friend of mine (not a Lions fan).

No comments: