Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Start of NFL season 2011

Well, I was pretty sure that there would be no football this year after the contentiousness of getting a new CBA setup. I was wrong and really it just turned out that there was just too much money on the table for something to not get worked out. That said, the shorter camp lead to a bunch of injuries that I don't think would have happened if there was a full time period to train and get prepared.

So a couple of predictions on the year. I think that the Bengals are heading to the first pick in the 2012 draft, but there are a couple of teams nipping at their heels such as Seattle, Tennessee, and Buffalo. Although with the NFL, you never know what will happen. On the other end of the spectrum, NFC champs will likely be either the Eagles or the Packers, but I put my money on the Packers as I expect them to be much more consistent, while I think you will see bigger wins and bigger losses from the Eagles. On the AFC, I think you will see either the Patriots or the Steelers at the top of the pile. Between the two, I expect the Steelers to do better just with more experience on defense and the magical Mike Wallace.

That aside, I fully expect the Lions to go 8-8 this year. I am fully prepared for a terrible season though. Or at least that is what I am telling myself. I need to come up with a bet again. I think this year I will keep it simple and say if the Lions go double digit wins or a player on the team gets offensive or defensive player of the year, I will pick up a Jersey.

And really, I just happy that football is starting soon.

2 comments:

ish said...

Just because it's nice to have a reason and I might as well be optimistic, I say 10-6. Can't wait for the season to start.

Unknown said...

I am glad one of us is feeling optimistic. I am just a bit gunshy and afraid of being hurt yet again. Last year they met my expectations for the season, but that loss to Bears hurt.